The Efficacy of Toy Introduction as an Environmental Enrichment Tool for Long-term Communally Housed Canis Familiaris, Soi Dog Foundation, Phuket, Thailand.
- Ethics Approval Monash University, Melbourne, VIC, AU
- Data collection anticipated late 2013
Are early growth stage table-top behaviors adequate predictors of later growth stage performance outcomes for smaller breed chickens engaged in operant conditioning? Terry Ryan’s Legacy Canine; Sequim, WA, US.
- Data collection completed 2012
- Data analysis underway
- Abstract to be submitted for presentation at APDT
K9 Nose Work® in the Shelter Environment and Effect on Stereotypy Presentation
- Anticipated start date: Autumn 2013.
- In proposal stage
- Anticipated PI: Stephen A Mackenzie, PhD and Judge with the NACSW
- Canine olfactory mechanisms
- Odor dispersal and characteristics
- Animal welfare
- Animal behavior
- Environmental enrichment
- Cognitive and evolutionary links between humans and domestic dogs
- Positive methods of animal training
- Immortalization of bovine fibroblasts: roles of p53, CDKN1A and telomerase
- Roles of p53 and ErbB2 in spontaneous mammary tumors in mice
- A degenerative primer approach for elucidating bovine p21
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Animal training: K9 Nose Work®, Animal Training and Behavior Modification
- Ethics: International Research Ethics, Ethics Committees, Animal Welfare, Shelter Ethics
- Research: Animal Behavior, Environmental Enrichment in Shelter Environment
- Laboratory Research: p53 & p21 tumor suppressor genes, Radiation Protocols including intake, disposal, and spills, Large & Small Animal Management, Laboratory Management
AREAS OF COMPETENCE
- Animal Behavior and Training: scent work, Behavior Adjustment Training (BAT), working dog sports, TAG teach
- Ethics: Bioethics, Human Research Ethics Committees
- Molecular Biology & Cloning Technologies
- Animal Husbandry: Laboratory and Mouse Colony Management for Research, Large and Small Farm Animal Management, Ration Formulation, Reproductive Physiology
ACADEMIC TUTORING/TEACHING ASSISTANTSHIPS
- Introduction to Legal Studies Teaching Assistant, Holyoke Community, College, MA, US
- Business Law Teaching Assistant, Holyoke Community College, Holyoke, MA, US
- Reproductive Physiology Laboratory Teaching Assistant and Laboratory Manual Editor, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, US
- Stud Farm Management Teaching Assistant, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, US
BIOETHICS WORKSHOPS INVITED DELEGATE
- World Medical Association’s Declaration of Helsinki Revision Workshop. 2 day workshop,Helsinki, Finland hosted by Finnish Medical Association, 2008.
- UNESCO Ethics Education Workshop. 2 day workshop, North Shore, Auckland, NZ, 2008.
- Addressing ethical challenges in research: Working with the revised Ethical considerations in biomedical HIVprevention trials guidance and Good participatory practice guidelines for biomedical HIV prevention trials. 3 day workshop, Umhlanga Rocks (Durban), South Africa, 2009.